- Earth continuity – is the earth bonded to the neutral properly and is the earthing conductor resistance low enough to permit the passage of current necessary to operate the over current protective device?
- Insulation resistance – is the resistance between all live conductors and earth as high as it should be? (Tested using 250V DC or 500V DC selectable).
- Polarity – is the active and neutral wired correctly and are there no other transpositions?
- Correct circuit connections – is the earth connected and at a safe potential?
- Earth fault loop impedance (without tripping RCDs*1) – is the total loop resistance of the active and earth wires as low as it should be so that protective devices will operate?
- Residual current device (earth leakage detector or Safety Switch) operation – does it really work and trip in time at the correct residual current at the power outlet?
- Extension leads – test these, power boards, double adaptors etc.
- Supply voltage – is the mains supply within - 6% and + 10% of the specified 230V AC? (Other voltages to order).
- Mains frequency – is it alternating at 50Hz?"
- Condition: Used
- Type: Multi Function Electrical Installation tester
- Make: Clipsal
- Series: Spark-e-mate
- Model: 493
- Serial: A012203
- Input: 240VAC, 50Hz, CAT III
- Accessories: Hard Case, Soft Case, Test Leads, AC Cable
- Standard: AS/NZS 3000:2007, section 8 - verification
- Weight: 2.0kg
Replacement price on this item is approximately AUD$3500
The unit is sold with a 30 Day Warranty.