This unit is ex Dept of Defence. The unit operates normally in both directions manually, but there is an issue with the remote control. I considered replacing the remote/receiver system with a generic one but decided against it due to the safety issue.
"Developed and tested under a DARPA contract for the US military, the PowerQuick Ascender is an innovative powered climber that provides powered ascent and powered and manual descent. Whether used as a work access tool or for on-site rescue capability, the PowerQuick Ascender is quick to deploy using standard climbing rope. PowerQuick eliminates climber fatigue and provides for increased worker safety. Unlike climb-assist type systems, when used for tower applications the PowerQuick requires no costly installation and is flexible in that it can be used in any location in which a rope can be rigged.
- 500lb capacity designed for rescue and industrial applications
- Includes remote control
- Designed for single-person operation, but can handle up to two people
- Exceeds OSHA, ANSI, CE, CSA and other applicable safety requirements
- Can be used with a variety of lifting chairs and platforms
- 600ft to 800ft of climb per charge depending on load; use multiple batteries for longer climbs"
- Condition: Used
- Type: Battery Powered Ascender System
- Make: PowerQuick
- Model: PQ500-1
- Serial: PQ-00????-5C1
- Totaliser: 20559
- Capacity: 500lb, 227kg
- Range: 600' to 800' per charge
- Speed: 0.7m/sec
- Rescue: Up to 2 People
- Input: 36VDC, 30A
- Accessories: 2 x NIMH Batteries, Battery Charger, Remote Control, Travel Case
- Standards: Exceeds OSHA, ANSI, CE, CSA
- Weight: 41.0kg
Replacement price on this unit is approximately AUD$11,500
The unit is sold with a 30 Day Warranty.