This unit is ex Dept of Defence. The unit operates normally in both directions manually, but there is an issue with the remote control. I considered replacing the remote/receiver system with a generic one but decided against it due to the safety issue.
The machine is sold AS IS. Please do not purchase this unit if you are unfamiliar witht he safety protocols required for its use.
"Developed and tested under a DARPA contract for the US military, the PowerQuick Ascender is an innovative powered climber that provides powered ascent and powered and manual descent. Whether used as a work access tool or for on-site rescue capability, the PowerQuick Ascender is quick to deploy using standard climbing rope. PowerQuick eliminates climber fatigue and provides for increased worker safety. Unlike climb-assist type systems, when used for tower applications the PowerQuick requires no costly installation and is flexible in that it can be used in any location in which a rope can be rigged.
- 500lb capacity designed for rescue and industrial applications
- Includes remote control
- Designed for single-person operation, but can handle up to two people
- Exceeds OSHA, ANSI, CE, CSA and other applicable safety requirements
- Can be used with a variety of lifting chairs and platforms
- 600ft to 800ft of climb per charge depending on load; use multiple batteries for longer climbs"
- Condition: Used
- Type: Battery Powered Ascender System
- Make: PowerQuick
- Model: PQ500-1
- Serial: PQ-00????-5C1
- Totaliser: 20559
- Capacity: 500lb, 227kg
- Range: 600' to 800' per charge
- Speed: 0.7m/sec
- Rescue: Up to 2 People
- Input: 36VDC, 30A
- Accessories: 2 x NIMH Batteries, Battery Charger, Remote Control, Travel Case
- Standards: Exceeds OSHA, ANSI, CE, CSA
- Weight: 41.0kg
Replacement price on this unit is approximately AUD$11,500
The unit is sold AS IS and Without Warranty.