"The BrainZ monitor is a two channel electroencephalograph that monitors electrical signals from each hemisphere of the brain. The device records the signals in real time and as compressed data over time for later analysis and interpretation (Brainz instruments Ltd, 2004)
• The Brainz monitor is used as a screening device and not a diagnostic tool. A formal 12 lead EEG and MRI are used for formal diagnostic measures and to assist with prognosis (de Vries & Hellstrom-Westas, 2005: 201).
• Monitoring can be used on infants following:
- a hypoxic event at birth with low Apgar scores & cord pH, who required resuscitation - see policy Hypothermia for HIE.
- cooling for hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- abnormal movements or suspected of having/high risk of seizures
- monitor anticonvulsant therapy
- muscle relaxation in at risk infants where clinical signs of seizure activity cannot be observed (Brainz instruments Ltd, 2004) "
- Condition: Used
- Type: Infant Brain Function Monitor - Amplitude Integrated EEG (aEEG)
- Make: BrainZ Instruments (NZ)
- Series: BRM
- Model: BRM2
- Serial: BRM2-2002-1016
- Options: ISO-1 Monitor Isolation Unit
- Input: 100-250VAC, 3A
- Weight: 5.0kg
The item is sold with a 30 Day Warranty.
"The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, I will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item"