"Each repeater includes port connections, so you can connect two Ethernet segments—each segment conforming to IEEE 802.3 specifications for length and number of nodes. They perform:
• Repeater functions. Each port operates in conjunction with the controller functions of the base unit as a fully compliant Ethernet repeater. The whole local or remote repeater counts as a single network repeater.
• Collision handling. When a collision is detected on either port of the repeater, a jam pattern is generated according to IEEE 802.3 repeater rules and propagated out of both repeater ports.
• Partitioning and reconnection. The repeater automatically “partitions” (disconnects) any port if 64 consecutive collisions occur on the segment attached to it, or after 6.5 ms of continuous transmission. It also checks network integrity every 800 ms, and segments are reconnected after a 512-bit packet is transmitted on the network without error.
The Remote Fiber Optic Repeaters link two Ethernet segments via fiber optic cable. With these 10BASE-FL-compliant devices, your longdistance connections can be up to 2 km (1.2 mi.) long with the multimode versions and up to 10 km (6.2 mi.) long with the singlemode models. But they’re fully backward compliant with older 1-km FOIRL specifications, too, so you can easily integrate the repeaters into your existing Ethernet network. Local Repeater and Remote Fiber Optic Repeater models with BNC ports feature an internal termination switch, which eliminates the need for a T-connector on the end of a segment application."
- Condition: Used
- Type: Remote Fiber Optic BNC Multimode ST Ethernet Repeater
- Make: Blackbox Network Services
- Model: LE604A-R4
- BNC Range: 185 m (607 ft.) of Thin Ethernet (10BASE2) cable
- ST Range: Multimode versions: 2 km (1.2 mi.) of multimode fiber cable
- Data Rate: 10 Mbps
- Standard: Ethernet IEEE 802.3
- Input: 110/220VAC
- Weight: 1.2kg
Replacement price on this item is approximately AUD$1300
The unit is sold with a 30 Day Warranty.